One of my favorite tools is a free screen recorder called Loom. Business can be hectic, and Loom is making my life much easier. How is it benefiting my business? With Loom, I can quickly record a short video and send it to my assistant or student. It’s a fantastic resource for explaining ideas and processes because it provides an auditory and visual element. In this article, I’ll teach you how to use Loom to improve communication in your business.
First Thing…What is a Loom Video?
Loom is a video messaging platform that allows users to create and share videos quickly and easily. It offers a range of features designed to simplify communication through video, making it a valuable tool for personal and professional use. However, I prefer to keep it simple – just hit record and share.
Key Features of Loom
- Screen Recording: Loom allows you to record your computer screen, which makes it easy to explain ideas and processes that have a visual component.
- Webcam Recording: You can record yourself using your computer’s webcam, adding a personal touch to your messages.
- Instant Sharing: Loom generates shareable links for your videos, allowing you to send them via email, chat, or social media.
- Commenting and Feedback: Loom lets viewers leave comments on videos, facilitating collaboration and feedback.
- Viewer Analytics: You can track who has viewed your videos and when, helping you gauge engagement and effectiveness.
Short Video on How to Use Loom
Now that you know what Loom is and what it offers, let’s dive into a step-by-step guide on how to use it. I’ve made a short video for you.
In this YouTube video above, I show you how to make a loom video. Click below to watch a sample loom video:
Avoid Misunderstandings in Your Biz
We’ve all been in a situation where there’s been a miscommunication. What happened as a result? Possibly missed deadlines, poor quality work, losing a prospect or customer, lost sales, and other mistakes. It happens all the time in business because we’re human. And because many of us are running online businesses.
If you’re like me, you work with many people virtually. They could be in another state or country. There’s little face-to-face communication – mostly through phone or text (emails, instant messages, etc.). As a result, there are many opportunities for misunderstandings.
However, as a business owner, you can put a few practices in place that will help minimize communication gaps – like Google voicemails, documenting procedures and processes, and using videos to explain ideas. This is where Loom comes in. It’s an excellent tool for teaching someone how to do something quickly through visuals. You know what they say, “A picture is worth 1000 words.”
How to Use Loom – A Step-By-Step Guide
1) Sign Up
- Visit the Loom website (https://www.loom.com/) and sign up for an account using your email or Google account. I prefer to sign up with my email address instead of my Google account, but this is your preference.
- Put in the requested contact information.
- Verify your email address.
- Complete the other requested information
2) Choose Extension vs. Desktop App
- Loom offers a Google Chrome extension for easy access. Install the extension from the Chrome Web Store if this is your preferred Loom method.
- If you don’t use Google Chrome, download the Loom desktop app.
3) Record Your Video
- Click on the Loom extension icon in your browser OR go to the desktop app
- You may get a pop-up from Google that asks if you want to allow Loom to use your camera and microphone. Select “Allow.”
- Choose your desired settings, such as microphone and camera options.
- Click the “Start Recording” button.
- When finished, click the stop button to end the recording.
4) Review and Edit
- Loom provides basic editing tools to trim the beginning and end of your video, as well as the option to add captions. I don’t cover this in the video, but this feature is handy for creating training or educational content for customers.
5) Share Your Video
- Once your video is ready, Loom generates a shareable link. You can copy and paste this link to share your video via email, chat, or social media.
6) Collaborate and Engage
- Encourage viewers to leave comments on your video for feedback or questions.
Why Use Loom in Your Business?
- Better Communication: Loom makes it easy to share complex ideas that would benefit from audio and visual communication. This is especially important when explaining technology processes.
- Saves Time: Loom eliminates the need for lengthy written explanations by allowing you to demonstrate concepts visually. It takes less time to record a quick video than to type up the same information.
- Collaborate Remotely: You may work with clients or team members remotely. Loom will help you stay in contact, build working relationships, and ensure work is getting done effectively.
- Education and Training: As a teacher, I’ve found Loom to be a powerful tool for creating instructional content, tutorials, and explanations. This makes learning more personalized and accessible.
- Personal Touch: Video messages add a personal touch to your communication, helping you connect with your audience on a more human level.
Try Loom In Your Business
Effective communication makes a big difference when running a business. It’s one of the keys to success! Many tools can help you communicate effectively with others. I’m such a fan of Loom that everyone should learn to use it! I want to empower you to get the support and answers you need for your online business, and Loom will help!
In this article, I’ve explained how to use Loom to improve communication in your business. It can be a game-changer when communicating step-by-step processes for doing something online. It will enhance communication in your business, and Loom will also save time, improve working relationships, and enhance your content. Don’t wait – start using the Loom video today and experience the benefits yourself.