Students in the Website Creation Workshop come from all types of backgrounds. Many students want to build or update their business websites. Others want to create a website to showcase their passions and personal interests. Several students have built amazing websites in the food and nutrition niche.
I’m a foodie at heart. Growing up, I always spent time in the kitchen watching my mother and helping her cook. So I get really excited when I see a foodie website that one of my students has built. It inspires me to rush to the kitchen and start cooking. I even started my own food website to compile family recipes.
I decided to put together a collection of food and nutrition websites created by my students in my Website Creation Workshop. I hope you’ll love them as much as I do!
Top Tips For Foodie Websites
Regardless of your industry, your website should have clear goals and be user-friendly. If you’re building a food and nutrition website, here are a few great suggestions to keep in mind:
- Have a niche! Maybe you specialize in gluten-free recipes, diabetic-friendly, or slow cooker recipes…
- Make your website well-organized and easy-to-navigate website
- Have a simple search function
- Use appetizing food pictures to showcase your recipes and make your site visually appealing
- Use tools that allow visitors to “jump to the recipe” and print it without ads or images for convenience (Here’s an article about the recipe maker plugin I recommend)
- Ensure visitors can easily find what they’re looking for on your site
- Include information about your food story so that people can relate to you
- If you present scientific facts about nutrition or use recipes from other websites, be sure to cite your sources properly
Student Sucess Stories
Looking for inspiration for your food and nutrition website? Check out these fantastic sites created by my students in the Website Creation Workshop. Get inspired and start building your own website today!
Amy Jo Fleming
Be A Success Story!
The great thing about WordPress is that you can build a website that fits you and your business. You can also create a website as a personal project, as a creative outlet for your hobbies. These food and nutrition websites show how each website is unique – even in the same category.
Learn how to create, build, and manage your own website for a fraction of the cost of hiring a web designer in the Website Creation Workshop. Even if you’re a non-techie, you can create a website and get your message out to the world like the foodies who built these websites.