Have you ever had the situation where clients owe you money? Or where you want to offer your services to someone in an easy way? Then PayPal.me is your solution!
As I teach in my WordPress workshop, if you are a business owner, you should get a PayPal account so that you can offer more options for your customers to pay you even if you are already accepting credit card payments.
And that is why I want to talk to you about getting a free PayPal.me page for your business!
Here is a short 2 min video I made that explains how this works:
PayPal.me, basically, is your own personal payment page. It let’s your clients, customers, friends or family pay you in a quick and easy way. You can upload your own picture and customize the colors to fit your style. Here is an example of my own page
Even if you already have another way for people to pay you, there are many people out there who actually prefers using PayPal over entering their credit card information online. International customers also tend to have an easier time paying with it.
According to the company, many use PayPal to pay for the goods and services, to receive payments from customers, or even to send/receive money from/to family members and friends. Look at these 2015 statistics:
- 184 million active customer accounts
- Available in more than 200 markets / more than 100 currencies
- 4.9 billion payments processed/year
(data from https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/about)
Once you create your own PayPal.me page, people can pay you easily from that URL. Here are some examples of what your page could look like on a mobile device.
Ready to get started with it… ?
Here is what you need to do to create and start using PayPal.me:
- Open a PayPal account, if you don’t have one yet. (Opening an account is free!)
- Go to https://www.paypal.me/ to create your own unique link.
- Send your link to people who need to pay you. They simply visit that link to make payment.
That’s it! Simple enough?
Here are a few other things you might want to know about PayPal.me
- PayPal offers different types of accounts, and PayPal.me works a bit differently depending on which one you have:
- People with Personal or Premier accounts: can get paid from friends or sell their goods & services
- People with Business accounts: can only accept goods & services payments
- PayPal.me allows you to specify payment amount if needed (ex. Use paypal.me/yourname/50 to request $50)
- PayPal.me is not yet available in all countries although they are adding more and more.
Learn more details here: https://www.paypal.me/pages/faqs
Do you already have your own PayPal.me page? If so, how are you using it? Leave any comments below..