After getting a ton of responses to my survey last week on: “Your Top 2 Challenges with Growing Your Business”, I got together with legendary copywriter, John Carlton, and asked for his opinion on the reasons why people have trouble moving their business forward.
In this John Carlton interview, we talk about the things entrepreneurs do to succeed online.
– We talked about Branding vs. Direct Response.
– We talked about how your family and friends, while meaning well, can actually shoot down your ideas and actually harm your business. You need to protect yourself against that.
– We talked about finding a niche, and how to make money in your niche.
– We talked about how people fail to use a ‘call to action’, fail to give people a way to buy from you. Listen as John teaches the 5 simple themes that entrepreneurs use to succeed.
– How do you stay focused and stay on task to bring yourself the most profits.
– Who you should hire first, and how to get the most leverage there.
– Overcoming information overload. It’s the thing all entrepreneurs need to battle!
And a lot more about entrepreneurs, and what the best ones do to succeed.
This is a high energy, information packed interview. In fact, after we did the interview, I thought it was so good I was on cloud 9, thinking how much this information would help people.
You can listen online, or download it to your computer
As a working freelance copywriter, John is one of a handful at the top of the game — commanding fees that cause unprepared clients to choke, getting booked up to a year in advance by the largest mailers in the world, and consistently writing pitches that sell like crazy.
As a teacher of writing sales messages for businesses, John is responsible for helping a verifiable mob of otherwise clueless entrepreneurs and small business owners get their act together.
I have had the benefit of being in one of John’s ‘Hot Seats’. His ‘Hot Seats’ is where he gets you in front of a group of people, and he reviews and grills your business.
I will be speaking at John’s Action Seminar event at the end of this month in San Diego. We will be helping folks take Action, and move your business forward. That is why it’s called the “Action Seminar”. You can read more about the event, and how it will benefit you below