Have you ever wondered how to embed a Youtube video on your website?
YouTube has established itself as THE major video-sharing platform in the world. It boasts over 2 billion users and generates billions of views every single day.
People go to YouTube for a variety of reasons: finding funny clips, watching music videos, learning new skills, finding solutions to their problems, and more. And it’s highly addictive!
Using Videos on Your Website
YouTube is a great resource for website owners as well. It’s a great place to go to get some inspiration when you have writer’s block. You can even incorporate a relevant YouTube video into your blog post.
Add a funny video to share a laugh with your audience. Or, use a video to reinforce the information you’re providing in your blog post. The possibilities are endless.
We recommend you do not store videos in your WordPress media library. It can take up valuable storage and cause your site to run slower. Instead, use YouTube or Vimeo to store your website videos.
Embedding a video into your WordPress site is easy. Watch this short video clip from a webinar training and learn how.
Steps to Embed a YouTube video Outlined in the Video Above:
- Go to YouTube.
- Search for the video you would like to embed into your website, and click on it.
- Click on “SHARE” right below the video and choose “EMBED.”
- Select/deselect the options under “EMBED OPTIONS” the way you want.
- Click on “COPY” to copy the embed code.
- Go to your website page or post editor where you want to embed the video.
- If you’re using the Classic Editor, go to the Text tab. Put the cursor where you want the video to appear, and paste the YouTube embed code that you copied in step #5 above. (If you’re using the Divi Builder, Elementor, or the Gutenberg block editor, you will need to insert it as you would any other HTML code).
- Update (publish) the page/post.
Are you concerned about copyrights with YouTube videos? Read this article on why embedding YouTube videos is not a copyright violation.
Comments? Leave your thoughts below…